Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For international flight issues, please use Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2019)

Information resources:
UA Flight Status
FlightAware / Flightstats (flight details)
Cancelled Flights (FlightAware)
Diverted Flights

previous domestic delay / cancelled flight report threads
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2018]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2017]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2016]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2014]

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this link
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

UA getting ready for JPM week Quite a ridiculous showing for UA once again in/out of SFO ... this is p.s. only

UA433 BOS-SFO 752 3+ hrs late due to aircraft maintenance
UA535 SFO-EWR 752 3+ hrs late due to computer issues
UA213 SFO-EWR 752 4 hrs late due to aircraft maintenance
UA2160 SFO-EWR 752 6 hrs late due to crew scheduling issue
UA497 EWR-SFO 752 1 hr late due to bag loading issues
UA444 SFO-BOS 752 4 hrs late due to aircraft maintenance
UA2350 SFO-BOS 752 3 hrs late due to aircraft maintenance

also

UA2320 EWR-BOS 320 1hr late due to aircraft maintenance
UA633 MCO-ORD 763 Cancelled due to aircraft maintenance

Last edited by cfischer; Jan 6, 2019 at 8:42 am
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
UA 5466 SFO-SMF-SFO canceled due to “airport conditions on runway/taxiway preventing departure” which are 1pm SFO-SMF and 2:30 SMF-SFO. Found this out st 7:30am this morning as I was dropping a friend off at SMF on the way home from Tahoe.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
UA2049 LAX-DEN 752 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
UA3539 DCA-ORD cancelled due to "airport conditions" -- looks to be a proactive cancel to reposition a/c as frame is instead ferrying DCA-LFT
UA5716 DCA-ORD cancelled wx

Looks like the snow hasn't even hit ORD yet and they're going crazy on cancels. Not a good night for DCA-ORD. I was on the earlier flight and was rebooked DCA-EWR-MSP with that 36 minute connection that today is slated to be an A-C transfer (but it preserved my upgrade when auto-rebooking). I called in and tried to pitch the agent on the nonstops on either DL or AA in F, but she said their desks "didn't have space" and would only take the ticket in Y (flights were J2 and J9 respectively)... ended up taking positive space onto IAD-MSP nonstop, so we'll see how that goes. Not sure what policy/possibilities are around that, but figured since the original coupon was in Y, it was pushing my luck to get OALed in F.

Tomorrow is shaping up to be messy.

ed. to add, nobody bothered to tell me my flight was canceled; I just happened to notice since I check the UA app several times a day out of habit.

Last edited by findark; Jan 18, 2019 at 1:53 pm
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I seem to be on the receiving end of delays this weekend.. seems like the jetstream was strong today with the storms coming out of SFO, but I didn't see a whole lot of TCON diverts so not sure how bad it was.

UA5523 MSP-SFO was originally announced as weight restricted and over by ~25, but ultimately went out with all of the pax and instead diverted to DEN for fuel. Eventually made it to SFO only 1h33 down, so not so bad for the adventure.

On the SFO arrivals board I happened to notice (out of the confusion of the flight arriving 2h "early"):

UA1746 LIH-SFO 21h45 mx (arrived SFO at 0305 local, yikes)
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
UA6070 IAD-MSP tonight delayed 13.5 hours...

Was showing ontime (5:45pm) until about 90 minutes before departure, at which point it posted 2h45m delayed due to inbound crew who were apparently on another aircraft that went MX so couldn't get to IAD.

Then at around 6:15pm it looks like they did an aircraft switch to give our good aircraft (which had been on the ground since 4pm) to another flight, and gave us a broken one as the reason for the delay is now "... maintenance team must wait on the arrival of a part to service your plane's navigation system".

New estimated departure is 7:10am tomorrow.

Update: Departure moved to 10am, then 11am, then Canceled with most people rebooked on the Delta direct flight at 12:30pm...

Last edited by docbert; Jan 24, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:48 am

Any information on United 3932 ATW to DEN showing cancelled today? There is thick fog and ice in the area but no problems at GRB and no other problems at ATW
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shagboy
Any information on United 3932 ATW to DEN showing cancelled today? There is thick fog and ice in the area but no problems at GRB and no other problems at ATW
Inbound flight 3911 cancelled yesterday due to low visibility. Numerous other cancellations into ATW yesterday on other carriers as well.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 3, 2019 at 7:41 am
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
2/8 UA2223 DEN-SEA is headed to SFO after unable to land at SEA. Supposed to turn around to SEA for another attempt.

Code:
P DEN/OUT    908P  L01.38  ☨
P DEN/RR     940P
P DEN/OUT   1036P  L03.06  ☨
P DEN/OFF   1054P
P SFO/ETA    154A FLAG STOP-INTERM-ETD  214A PREVIOUS STOP DEN
F SFO/ETD    118A☨
F SFO/ETD    118A
P SEA/ETA   1238A  L03.03  AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL
F SEA/ETA    305A  L05.30
D CRC/SEA/ POSS DLYS/CNCL DUE TO SNOW-ATC OPERATIONS
D FCF/DVRT  SFO ENRT DEN-SEA A/AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL
D HDQ/DEN SEA PROT UNDER GG CN1 K12
Attached Images  
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
One long Valentine's Day flight:

David

p.s. (or is that t.p.s...) SDC with an applied RPU will probably get you into J:

Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:07 am

UA 4957 out of Buffalo

UA 4957 from Buffalo to Dulles, broken bleeder valve. Part won't be there until after 1:00 today 2/15/2019. Rebooked, then Rebooked due to missed connection in Dulles. Daughter in line now to rebook again, winter break on the east coast so no seats available. They are being patient, but stuff happens. I have no idea when they will make it into LAX.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Here's a doozy. UA2319 SFO-EWR on the 781 just took a 5 hour delay, from 2 to 7 pm. Apparently there was "environmental damage" which I take to mean a strike.

Absolutely no confirmable alternative options. Everything is standby. No apologies from UC staff - attitude is "tough luck."

I remember when UA used to keep spare aircraft at hubs.

ETA: They are bringing in a new aircraft from LAX:

Last edited by Kacee; Feb 15, 2019 at 4:14 pm
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DELee
One long Valentine's Day flight:
That 6:00 AM departure is adding insult to injury.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Kacee
Here's a doozy. UA2319 SFO-EWR on the 781 just took a 5 hour delay, from 2 to 7 pm. Apparently there was "environmental damage" which I take to mean a strike.
We wound up with departure delayed nearly 7 hours, as they couldn't get the 781 up from LAX until nearly 7 pm. Everything about this flight was excruciatingly slow. Boarding took over an hour, because they only used a single BP scanner to board a 300+ seat widebody from gate 86. There was then a "fluid leak" which delayed departure another 45 minutes. Upon arrival, it took them 14 minutes to open the door at EWR (at 4:23 a.m.). And 44 minutes to deliver my bag. I made my hotel downtown somewhere after 6 a.m.

Received the pro-active email with a dead link Will be following up with 1kvoice re compensation.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure if this is really the right thread, but tomorrow's UA727 SFO-IAD just swapped from 752 to 739. Probably going to make for some pretty upset F pax, although I think I'm secretly happy since I was trying to SDC onto it for timing and now it has 4 extra F inventory.

Also, today I learned the 739 has more seats in both F and Y than the 752.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.